Recently, a subscriber left a comment stating that the flashlight on their iPhone 6 was not working after updating to iOS 14. Is there a solution to fix this? We have three methods for this subscriber and for all of you. Although this type of problem is not common, it’s important to be cautious and not reset the settings on your iPhone. Often, this type of problem is caused by the iOS system, and resetting all settings could create even more issues.
The first thing you should do is wait a little and see if the problem resolves itself. Then, try taking photos with the flash enabled. If it still doesn’t work, follow the three methods below.
Method 1: Restart or Force Restart Your iPhone
You can restart your device to see if the problem persists. For example, on an iPhone 8 Plus, you can restart it by pressing and quickly releasing the volume up button, then quickly releasing the volume down button, and finally, holding down the side button until the « slide to power off » option appears. It’s easy!
If after restarting your iPhone, the flashlight still doesn’t work, you can try force restarting it. For an iPhone 7 or later model, hold down the side button and the volume down button simultaneously for at least ten seconds until the Apple logo appears. For earlier models, such as the iPhone 6, iPad, and iPod touch, the steps are provided below.
Method 2: Use Professional Software Repair Tools
If the above method doesn’t fix the flashlight problem, you can try a software repair tool designed to solve inexplicable issues that may occur on your iPhone, such as a malfunctioning flashlight. Follow these steps:
1. Download the iPhone iOS system on your computer and launch the software.
2. Choose the standard mode in the middle of the screen and connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable. Follow the instructions to put your computer in DFU mode or recovery mode so that the software can detect the device mode.
3. Select and download the firmware. The firmware will help fix the problems on your iPhone by locating and resolving them automatically. The download process may take around 10 minutes.
4. Once the firmware is downloaded, click on « Start. » After the operation is completed, your device will return to normal.
Method 3: Backup and Restore Your Device Using iTunes and iCloud
Another method is to backup and restore your device using iTunes and iCloud. Follow these steps:
1. Connect your iPhone to your computer and create a backup on iTunes. Open iTunes and wait for it to sync with your device. Then, click on « Backup Now » to create a backup.
2. After the backup is complete, click on « Restore Backup » to restore your iPhone with the latest backup. Choose the most recent backup that contains the recent information you had on your device at the time of the backup.
These three methods should be sufficient for you to fix the flashlight problem caused by other issues. That’s all for this blog post. If you have any other questions, please leave a comment and contact us. See you soon!